Sunday, November 9, 2008

Salsa Cycles - I applaud you!


(Click on the image to enlarge)
When something good happens then it's important to share! The image above shows me proudly in possession of two brand new Salsa Delgado rims for my Surley. This photo was taken today in my backyard in Cairns, North Queensland, Australia.

You may recall that on my tour I noticed that my original Salsa rims were cracked. While in Michigan, USA, I contacted Salsa who immediately indicated their willingness to replace the rims as they were within a 12 month warranty. They were happy to do this even though on my tour I had clearly expected the rims to do more than that for which they had been designed. I carried 30kg of panniers on my Surley LHT from Minneapolis, across Wisconsin, through the Upper and Lower Peninsulas of Michigan and across Indiana, Illinois and Iowa. This tour was undertaken after spending two months touring Spain, France, Germany, The Netherlands and the UK. The major challenge for the rims were the combined weight of rider and panniers while travelling at times on some very damaged concrete pavement - not to mention the "rumble" strips!
(My Michigan mates also advised that its better for your rims to lift your butt off the seat when negotiating bumpy conditions. I had not been doing this!...I will from now on.)

As I was soon to travel home it was decided to make the claim for rim replacement while back in Australia. Well, the picture speaks for itself. The rims have come all the way from the States to the Australian supplier and then from there to my home here in North Queensland.---at no cost at all to me.

Salsa Cycles I salute you!

I am soon to take possession of a Burley Nomad Trailer which from now on will replace my panniers while touring. So my new Salsa Rims will be treated appropriately.

Thank you Salsa. I will be keen to recommend you and your products to any one seeking quality in products and service.

Click on the heading above to see the Salsa Cycles website.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am not so perceptive to be effective to produce clever stuff like you do but I am trying to pay it back so hoepfully this will throw you a grin or make you burst with laughter or at the very least give you a thought for the day? :

Get off my ass before I start to like it!



http://www.indiantvserial.org/index.php?action=profile;u=34565;sa=summary